High Street Grill in Mt. Holly will be hosting Winter Beer Fest on Saturday, January 29. This is an outdoor event, which seems crazy because, well, it’s winter, but HSG pitches a heated tent under which 20-or-so vendors set up their portable taps to serve the stuff that’ll warm you up: beer. Each vendor will tap two beers so pace yourself.
This is the third year for the event and it has sold out both years prior so get your stubs quickly – especially if you’re planning on the 3 p.m. session. Here’s a list of some distributors you’ll be tapping (with a few promised surprise appearances):
- Smutty Nose Big Beer Series
- Allagash 4 & Black
- Lagunitas Cappucino Stout & 40 Barrel
- Troegs Mad Elf & Nugget Nectar
- Avery Old Jubilation
- Founders Backward Bastard & Red Rye
- Yards Spruce & Love Stout
- Stone Sublimely Self Righteous
- Oskar Blues Gubna & Dales Pale Ale
- Ithaca Winter & Flower Power
- Firestone Walker 14 & Union Jack
- Victory Yakima Glory & Storm King
- Stoudts Winter & American Pale Ale
- Unibroue Terrible & Maudite
- Heavy Seas Winter & Loose Cannon
Also setting up shop will be “The Home Brew Crew”, some of the winners of a home-brewing contest that High Street Grill hosts each year.
Tickets are on sale now at HSG ($25) or online ($30) for either of the two sessions: 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. I’ll be at the 3 p.m. session…come find me and say HI!